mandag 10. juli 2017

First post in English! + Bridget Jones's Baby

First blog post in English!

I think I need to ease my way into this. I feel like the writing voice in my head sounds completely different in English than in Norwegian, which is both amusing and sort of unsettling.

So, the blog has been converted into English for the summer, as I am spending the summer in London at UCL summer school. I have yet to meet anyone from Norway at the summer school, so I know every day for the next five weeks will be filled with opportunities to practice my English. I hope blogging in English will help me gain some extra confidence!

----

I just finished Bridget Jones's Baby, and it was just what I expected - sweet and unimpressive. The book is number 2.5 in the series, and is the same story as in the newest movie... kind of. Instead of handsome American Jack, we get good old Daniel Cleaver, who I'm kind of tired of at this point. I don't really think we needed another Mark vs. Daniel book. There are other small changes, but if you've seen the movie, you know what the book is about.


However, I liked getting to read about the characters again. Bridget Jones is such as safe and fun place to go back to, and I love it for some light summer reading!

Now, I've just started The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart. I finally read We Were Liars by Lockhart a few weeks ago, and it was completely amazing! Hopefully, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks doesn't disappoint.


----

What are you reading at the moment?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar