onsdag 26. juli 2017

Teaser Tuesday: Always With Love


Okay, so I'm a little late on my Teaser Tuesday, but I didn't want to miss another week! 

I am currently reading Always With Love by Giovanna Fletcher (who I also follow on Youtube), and although I didn't love the first book about Sophie and Billy (Billy and Me), I was in the mood for some light romance. Sophie is now running the little tea shop in Rosefront Hill, while Billy is offered great opportunities in Hollywood, which inevitably leads to some challenges in their relationship. 


"Anything else to go with that? I've made a pecan toffee cake."
"Oh go on then," she says sadly, clearly hoping a slice will help her get over the distressing news.
I'm tempted to sit down and scoff the whole thing with her. Billy would be amused to hear that we've all turned to comfort eating in his absence. 

I'm not completely convinced with this book, but I like it because the characters are familiar and the settings are wonderful. The writing sometimes annoys me - Fletcher often describes the characters' motives and feelings after every piece of dialogue, even though Sophie has no way of knowing what everyone else is thinking. There's no need for this, as readers are capable of interpreting dialogue themselves.

Either way, I am enjoying the romance, and I love watching Giovanna Fletcher on Youtube. This is definitely a cute and easy read if you want some romantic fiction. 

----

Have you read anything by Giovanna Fletcher?

----

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker. To participate, do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar